Check out milk recipes from DairyPure® and from bloggers you know and love! We've got plenty to entice your family's taste buds.
Chocolate mousse is an ideal treat for weeknights at home or at the fanciest of celebrations! It comes together quickly, so you can serve this decadent dessert any time.
- 5 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup DairyPure Half & Half
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pasteurized egg white or 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons whipped cream (see directions above)
- Chocolate curls (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup DairyPure® Heavy Whipping Cream
- Combine DairyPure® Half & Half, chocolate and salt in a heatproof bowl. Stir ingredients over simmering water until chocolate is melted, (around 5 minutes). Set aside and let cool to room temperature (between 15 and 20 minutes).
- Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the egg white in a bowl until soft peaks form. Then add sugar until stiff peaks are formed.
- Add vanilla and Greek yogurt into the chocolate mix and stir. In two separate bowls, whisk the egg-white mixture into the chocolate mixture until completely blended. Scoop mousse into 3 serving dishes (small glasses, teacups or bowls). Cover dishes carefully with cling wrap and refrigerate until chilled (1 hour minimum). Prior to serving, garnish each mousse with whipped cream and chocolate curls (optional).
- Combine sugar and DairyPure® Heavy Whipping Cream in a metal mixing bowl.
- Whisk until the whipped cream reaches stiff peaks.
- Add to Chocolate Mousse recipe immediately.